So now that I'm here I planned to get my room at Steingarten ("Rock Garden"). It's a university apartment... when I went to Sydney I chose to not do Uni housing at first in order to find a better deal myself. After discovering the paucity of apartments in the area I eventually went with the uni anyway. This time around, I decided to save myself the trouble by applying for uni housing from the beginning. Unfortunately, the WG office (Wohnen = "Apartment") is only open for a few hours on Tuesday and Thursday. Weird, huh? I guess I'll get my keys tomorrow.

I also met Alex, my VISUM buddy. This "buddy" program is a great idea... they hook you up with a local student who helps you out with stuff, and you actually /know someone/ when you get here. Fantastic. Plus, Alex is really great... she's fun and extremely patient and excellent with English. And she has weird (but good) friends. So tonight we went out with Melanie and Mira and Christoph to a fantastic club in the Jugenburg (sp?) area, "SoHo." I can't vouch for other nights but on Mondays they play a really groovy lineup that makes for great dancing. Average bar. Good atmosphere; gets hot - wear ventilated clothing. The whole Jugenburg (sp?) area is very hip and bohemian... I'd like to live here.